Zingy Piri Piri Chicken Recipe
A bright fiery dish from the Portuguese cuisine. This receipe also draws on inspiration from the African continent.
- 1 Whole chicken or 1 large head of cauliflower
- 1 tbsp Oil
- 1 1/2 tbsp MKS piri piri seasoning
- Preheat oven to 180 degrees Celcius.
- In a small bowl mix together oil and Piri Piri seasoning. If too thick add a little water to create an easier to spread marinade.
- Coat the whole topside of the chicken or cauliflower in the Piri Piri Marinade cover and leave to rest for 5 minutes.
- Place in the middle of the preheated oven and cook at 180 for 1hr 20 minutes or until the thigh meat juice runs clear(this can depend on the chicken so it is better to follow the packaging instructions for a better idea of cooking time.
- If using Cauliflower cook until soft(roughly the same time). Start cooking wrapped in foil and remove for the last 20 minutes to brown the marinade.
- Carve up the chicken for a delicious Sunday dinner. Serve with roasted vegetables or spiced rice.