Easy Madras Curry Recipe
A restaurant classic madras curry that can be made in less than 30 minutes for a weeknight meal.
- 2 tbsp Ghee or vegetable oil
- 2 tbsp MKS Madras Curry Powder
- 1 large Onion diced
- 2 cloves Garlic minced
- 1 inch Ginger minced
- 2 Green chillies sliced
- 200 g Mushrooms sliced
- 1 Red pepper sliced
- 400 g Chopped tomatoes
- 1-2 tbsp Lemon juice
- 1 tsp Sugar Optional
- Fresh coriander to serve
- Heat the ghee or vegetable oil over a medium heat in a large frying pan. Add the MKS Madras curry powder and stir to prevent sticking. Once the spices are fragrant add the onion, season and cook until translucent and soft. Add the garlic, ginger and green chillies and cook for a further minute. *SEE NOTES
- Add the pepper, mushrooms, chopped tomatoes and 125ml water and simmer until the sauce reduces.
- Stir in the lemon juice and sugar. Taste the sauce and you may need to add another tsp of sugar depending on the acidity from the tomatoes.
- Serve with your favourite rice, naan and poppadoms. Garnish with fresh coriander to give your Madras an extra depth of flavour.
- To make a thicker sauce you can blend the cooked ingredients after the MKS madras curry powder, onion, garlic, ginger and green chilli has been added. Once blended add back into the pan and follow the recipe as normal.