Traditional Mushroom Biryani Recipe
Get a Traditional mushroom biryani in your kitchen with this easy to follow recipe. Home cooking made simple.
- 2 tbsp Oil
- 300 g Mushrooms cut into slices
- 400 g Basmati rice
- 1 Onion diced
- 2 Large tomatoes diced
- 4 Garlic cloves finely diced
- 1 inch Piece of ginger finely diced
- 3 Green chillies finely diced
- handful Fresh coriander leaves
- handful Mint leaves
- 2 tbsp Yoghurt
- 1 1/2 tbsp Mushroom biryani recipe mix
- 400 ml Tin coconut milk
- Rinse rice until water runs clear. Leave to soak.
- Add Garlic, green chillies, coriander, mint, ginger, 2 Tbsp yoghurt and a little water to a bowl and mix into paste. If you have a pestle and mortar or a blender mash into paste.
- Add paste, mushroom biryani recipe mix and mushrooms into a bowl and coat completely. Leave to marinate whilst preparing.
- Heat 1 tbsp oil over low heat and saute rice until coated in oil.
- In a separate pan heat oil in a large frying pan over medium heat. Add onion, season with salt and saute until translucent. Add tomatoes and cook for further 2 minutes.
- Add the marinated mushrooms and cook until soft.
- Drain the rice and add to the pan with the rest of the ingredients. Stir and leave to saute for 1-2 minutes.
- Add half of the coconut milk and 1 1/2 cups of water and stir.
- Bring the mixture to a boil and reduce to a medium simmer. Cover pan.
- Keep an eye on the rice and add water and the rest of the coconut milk as required.
- Once the rice is soft leave to stand for five minutes and serve.
When cooking add small amounts of water at a time until the rice is cooked. You don't want to add too much at a time as you will not be able to remove additional water at the end.
- A-Z Of Ingredients
- Cooking Guides
- Kitchen Tips
- Fiery Curry Box Recipes
- MKS Spice Blend Recipes
- Restaurant Favourite Curries
- Taste Of Africa Recipes
- Taste Of America Recipes
- Taste Of Asia Recipes
- Taste Of Europe Recipes
- Taste Of India Recipes
- Taste Of South America Recipes
- Taste Of Spice Recipes