Zesty Spanish Paella
A delicacy from Spain packed full of flavour. This zesty paella recipe is perfect for the whole family.
5 from 1 vote
- 300 g Arborio rice / paella rice
- 2 tbsp Oil
- 200 g Seafood mix
- 200 g Chicken
- 50 g Chorizo
- 1 Large onion
- 1 tbsp MKS paella seasoning
- 2 cloves Garlic
- 400 g Tin chopped tomatoes
- Frozen peas
- 750 ml Chicken stock
- Splash of red wine
- Lime wedges
- Heat oil in a large frying pan over medium heat. Brown and season the chicken all over until cooked fully add the chorizo and fry until the oils are released. Add the onions and cook until soft and translucent. Then add the garlic and MKS Paella seasoning and fry for another minute.
- Add a splash of wine here and cook until the smell of wine disappears. Then add the rice and stir to coat completely in the oils.
- Once coated add the tin of tomatoes and the stock and bring to a light simmer.
- Simmer for 15-20 minutes or until the rice is fully cooked. With about 5-10 minutes left add the seafood mix and peas and cover the pan. Cook until the seafood mix is fully cooked and the liquid has turned to sauce covering on the rice.
- If the rice starts to look a bit dry before it is cooked add 1/2 a cup of water at a time until the rice has finished cooking and there is no visible liquid.
To serve, squeeze a generous splash of lime juice directly over the rice. If serving to your friends, do this in front of them to really impress them. To make this meal vegetarian try swapping the meat for vegetables such as mushrooms or peppers and vary the cooking time accordingly. Add them into the dish with the garlic and MKS paella seasoning.
- Cooking Guides
- Kitchen Tips