Pav Bhaji Recipe
Cook this traditional Indian recipe in your home. Our Pav bhaji recipe is a great way to experience traditional Indian cooking.
- 2 tbsp Oil
- 3 Large potatoes cut into small chunks
- 1 Large onion diced
- 2 Large tomatoes diced
- 1 Large red pepper cubed
- 1 tbsp MKS pav bhaji masala
- 2 cloves Garlic minced
- 1/2 inch Ginger minced
- 2 Red chillies finely chopped
- 4 White fluffy buns
- bunch Fresh coriander leaves
- squeeze Lemon juice
- Parboil potato chunks for 10 minutes.
- Heat oil in a large frying pan and saute 3/4 of the onions until soft and translucent. Add garlic, ginger, red pepper, tomatoes, red chilli and MKS pav bhaji masala and cook until the tomatoes have turned soft.
- Season the mixture with salt and add the softened potatoes with 1 cup of water. Scrape the bottom of the pan with wooden spoon to remove any glazing.
- Cook the mixture until the potatoes are very soft and can easily be mashed. If the mixture needs it add more water to keep a thick sauce consistency.
- Mash all the ingredients together to create a thick sauce.
- Sprinkle some fresh coriander, lemon juice and the rest of the chopped onion on top and dish into small bowls.
- Serve with fluffy white buns and use this to dip into the Pav bhaji.
Temper a few curry leaves and mustard seeds in oil and pour into the mixture just before serving.
- A-Z Of Ingredients
- Cooking Guides
- Kitchen Tips
- Fiery Curry Box Recipes
- MKS Spice Blend Recipes
- Restaurant Favourite Curries
- Taste Of Africa Recipes
- Taste Of America Recipes
- Taste Of Asia Recipes
- Taste Of Europe Recipes
- Taste Of India Recipes
- Taste Of South America Recipes
- Taste Of Spice Recipes