Basic Balti Curry Recipe
A British restaurant favourite that may become your next family favourite home cooked curry. Perfect for mid week meals for the whole family.
- 2 tbsp Vegetable oil
- 1 large Onion diced
- 2 cloves Garlic minced
- 1 inch Ginger minced
- 2 tbsp MKS Balti Curry Powder
- 1 Red or green pepper sliced
- 200 g Mushrooms sliced
- 2 large Fresh tomatoes roughly chopped
- 400 g Tin chopped tomatoes
- 250 ml Vegetable stock
- handful Spinach
- 2 tbsp Lime juice
- Fresh coriander roughly chopped
- Heat a large frying pan over a medium heat. Add the onion and saute until soft and translucent. Add the garlic, ginger and MKS Balti curry powder and cook for 1 minutes stirring.
- Add the pepper, mushroom and fresh tomatoes and cook until they begin to soften. Add the tin of chopped tomatoes and vegetable stock and bring to a boil. Reduce to a simmer and cook until the sauce thickens and most of the liquid has evaporated.
- Add the spinach and cover until they begin to wilt. Stir in 2 tbsp of lime juice and top with fresh coriander.
- Enjoy this Balti curry with your favourite naan bread and rice.
Like most Indian recipes you can incorporate meat into this recipe by grilling your meat beforehand and adding to the recipe near the end of cooking to heat up.