Restaurant Style Bhuna Recipe
A classic restaurant recipe that will provides a fiery kick to your weekly curry night.
- 2 tbsp Ghee or vegetable oil
- 2 tbsp MKS Bhuna curry powder
- 1 large Onion diced
- 3 cloves Garlic minced
- 2 inches Ginger minced
- 2 Green Chillies More or less depending on how hot you like your curries
- 1 Red pepper cut into chunks
- 250g Mushrooms sliced
- 4 large Tomatoes diced
- 250 ml Vegetable stock Or chicken stock
- 1 tbsp Lemon
- Fresh coriander to garnish
- Heat the ghee or vegetable oil over a medium heat in a large frying pan. Add 2 tbsp MKS Bhuna curry powder and cook until spices become fragrant (keep stirring to prevent sticking). Add the onions and cook until soft and translucent. Then add the garlic, ginger and green chillies. Cook for another minute.
- Add the red pepper, mushrooms and tomatoes and cook until tomatoes are soft and mushy. Add the vegetable stock and mix well.
- Bring the pan to a boil, reduce to a simmer and cook until the sauce is thick and how you like it. This will take roughly 15-20 minutes.
- When the sauce is thick add 1 tbsp of lemon juice and freshly chopped coriander to serve.