Creamy Korma Curry
A rich and creamy korma perfect with meat or vegetables. The korma is an Indian classical restaurant dish that is suitable for the whole family.
- 2 tbsp Ghee or vegetable oil
- 1 large Onion diced
- 4 cloves Garlic minced
- 1 inch Ginger minced
- 2 Tomatoes diced
- 400 ml Coconut milk
- 250 ml Natural yoghurt
- 3 tbsp Ground almonds
- 2 tbsp Grated coconut Optional
- 1 Red chilli
- 125 ml Vegetable stock
- 1 tbsp Sugar Optional
- 2 tbsp MKS Korma Curry Powder
- Heat ghee in a large frying pan over a medium heat. Add the onions and 50ml vegetable stock and cook until golden brown. Add the garlic, ginger, MKS Korma Curry Powder and red chilli and cook for another minute. Add the ground almonds and grated coconut and lightly toast for 1 minute.
- You can now transfer the mixture to a blender and blend into a thick paste with the natural yoghurt. Alternatively, you can skip this step and add the yogurt and stir in well until the mix starts to turn darker yellow.
- Add the tomatoes, left-over vegetable stock and coconut milk and bring to a boil. Reduce to a simmer and cook for 20-25 minutes or until the sauce is the desired thickness.
- Serve with lightly toasted almond flakes and rice.
If you want chicken with this dish, grill it beforehand and add to the dish 10 minutes before the end of cooking. You could marinade the chicken in a delicious chaat masala yoghurt mixture. Check out the chaat masala recipe.