Delicious Jalfrezi Recipe
One of the most popular Indian meals in the UK. You can now cook it in your home and add whatever ingredients you love the most.
- 2 tbsp Ghee or vegetable oil
- 2 tbsp MKS Jalfrezi Curry Powder
- 1 large Onion cut into cubes
- 2 cloves Garlic minced
- 1 inch Ginger minced
- 2 large Green chillies I like to leave these whole but you can chop them up.
- 1 tbsp Tomato paste
- 1 Green pepper cut into cubes
- 1 Sweet red pepper
- 400 g Tin chopped tomatoes
- 250 ml Vegetable stock
- Fresh coriander to serve
- Heat the ghee in a large frying pan over a medium heat. Add the MKS Jalfrezi curry powder and heat until fragrant. Keep stirring to prevent sticking. Add the onion and cook until golden brown.
- Add the garlic, green chillies and ginger and cook for another minute. Add the tomato paste and cook for a couple of minutes. Stir in the red and green pepper and mix well until fully coated.
- Add the vegetable stock and chopped tomatoes and bring to the boil. Simmer for around 15 minutes until the sauce has thickened stirring occasionally.
- Garnish with fresh coriander and a squeeze of lemon if you like and serve with your favourite naan bread and rice.