Hearty Feijoada Recipe
Get a real taste of Brazilian cuisine with this Hearty Feijoada Recipe. Start cooknig flavours of the word with this easy to follow recipe.
5 from 1 vote
- 1 Tin of black beans or soak 1/2 cup dry black beans over night.
- 2 tbsp Olive oil
- 1 Large onion diced
- 1 tbsp Feijoada mix
- 4 cloves Garlic minced
- 400 g Beef or veggie alternative cut into chunks
- 100 g Smoked sausage or veggie sausage
- 400 g Tin chopped tomatoes
- Heat oil in a large frying pan over a medium, high heat and brown meat (skip this step if using veggie alternatives). Remove and set aside.
- Add the onions and saute until they start to caramelise. Then add the garlic and Feijoada mix and cook for 2 minutes.
- Put the browned meat back into the pan and cover with water. Cook on a gentle simmer for 45 minutes to 1 hour.
- Add in the beans and cook until soft. Stir in the tomatoes, season with salt and simmer gently until the meat starts falling apart. Anywhere between 1 hour 30 minutes, to 2 hours.
- Serve with rice or a buttered bun and enjoy with the family.
- A-Z Of Ingredients
- Cooking Guides
- Kitchen Tips
- Fiery Curry Box Recipes
- MKS Spice Blend Recipes
- Restaurant Favourite Curries
- Taste Of Africa Recipes
- Taste Of America Recipes
- Taste Of Asia Recipes
- Taste Of Europe Recipes
- Taste Of India Recipes
- Taste Of South America Recipes
- Taste Of Spice Recipes