Crispy Mushroom Pizza Perfect For The Family
Create this crispy pizza with your whole family and get the kids cooking along side you. The dough is a perfect blend of savoury to accompany the indulgent cheese and mushrooms on top.
- 650 g Bread flour
- 450 g Warm water
- 1.5 tbsp Yeast
- 2 tsp Salt
- 1 pinch Sugar
- Olive Oil
- 100 ml Homemade tomato sauce or store bought sauce
- 50 g Grated cheese
- 2 Mushrooms sliced
- 1 pinch Red chilli flakes
- 4 slices Mozzarella
Make The Dough
- Mix the yeast, sugar and water together in a large mixing bowl and let rest for 10 minutes. Add 2 tbsp olive oil, salt and flour to the water and yeast mixture. Mix together until a dough starts to form.
- Lightly flour a surface and start kneading the dough until it is elastic. This should roughly take 10 minutes. When it is ready you should be able to pick it up and stretch it until you can see light through the dough.
- Lightly oil a large, clean bowl and add the dough. Cover with cling film and leave in a warm place for proofing. This will take about 2 hours.
- This will leave you with enough for about four pizza bases. Divide it into four and you can keep three in the freezer for a quick and easy choice next time.
- Preheat your oven to 180 degrees celsius.
- Prepare the mushrooms by slicing them and frying them gently for 5 minutes in olive oil. This will release the flavour and prevent too much water being released on the pizza.
- On a floured surface roll out the dough into a small circle (I never quite manage a perfect circle but it still tastes great).
- Add a thin layer of your homemade tomato sauce and lightly sprinkle cheese on top. It may look like there is not enough cheese. However, too much cheese will leave you with a soggy, greasy pizza. Add the mozzarella and mushrooms on top.
- Place in the middle of a preheated oven and cook for 10-15 minutes or until the crust begins to look golden and crispy.
- Enjoy this pizza with the whole family and send us a picture of how you get on.